Homestay Program for
Partner University Students
Homestay Program for
As a member of a Japanese family, you can be sure your language skills improve, and you will also learn about the different culture, customs, and lifestyle in Japan. Your "home away from home" in Japan will certainly be a memory you will treasure your whole life!
- We have over 5,000 registered host families in Japan and choose one suitable host family according to the application form you submit.
- A private room will be arranged for you.
- A single room with a desk will be available for your own use. Washroom facilities including the bath and/or shower are shared with your host family.
- Each room includes a bed or futon.
- Breakfast only plan is also available.
- You will be responsible for paying for any personal phone charges, purchases of everyday items and goods, and any expenses other than what is included in the homestay. (Please read the Terms and Conditions).
- Your host family will prepare breakfast and dinner and pay for electricity and water charges. Those costs and expenses are included in the homestay fees below.
- Your homestay location will be located (on principle) around one hour of your school by public transportation (via the reasonably quickest route).
- You will be expected to respect and comply with the house rules of your host family.
|Arrangement fee:||JPY 15,000 + (10%Tax)|
|Homestay fee (Breakfast and dinner included):||JPY 3,800 per 1 night + (10%Tax)|
|Arrangement fee:||JPY 24,000 + (10%Tax)|
|Homestay fee (Breakfast and dinner included):||JPY 3,700 per 1 night + (10%Tax)|
The homestay fee is charged monthly. *You can also pay for 2-3 months at once. Please make the payment by credit card(Visa/Master) or bank transfer.
Homestay arrangement fees will not be returned in the event of cancels for any reason after receiving the information of host family. Guest shall pay any of the following cancellation charges in accordance with the time of the cancellation as set forth in the below table.For cancels made after the start date of homestay has been changed to a different date, the cancellation will be based on the original start date indicated on the original application.
|Cancellation made between 30 to 15 days before the start date||20% of total amount of homestay fee|
|Cancellation made between 14 to 8 days before the start date||30% of total amount of homestay fee|
|Cancellation made between 7 to 3 days before the start date||40% of total amount of homestay fee|
|Cancellation made between 2 to 1 days before the start date||50% of total amount of homestay fee|
|Cancellation on the first day of the start date||100% of total amount of homestay fee|
Changing the homestay start date after applying for the program:
If changing the homestay start date requires the arrangement of a new homestay family, and if such change is made after the details of the original family have already been sent, an additional homestay arrangement fee of JPY 20,000 and 10% tax are required.
- Download the Homestay Agreement, carefully read and understand it.
- Download and fill out the Homestay Application Form with the necessary information and email it to the address below.
- You will receive an invoice from us.
- Please pay at once 1 month's homestay fees (1 month before start date)
- We will select your Homestay Family (at the latest, 1 week before the start date). After we confirm your payment, we will send you the detailed Host Family Information.
- You will receive your Homestay Orientiation materials (1 week before the start date)
- We will work out with you over email the details of where and what time to meet on the day of your arrival.
- You meet your Host Family (the first day)
Where to send the Application Form: